This is a micro project in that it can be finished in about 15 minutes by a CSS designer with Twitter Bootstrap experience. The point of this project is twofold:
1. Allows a designer to quickly earn good points
2. Helps me to find a designer with Twitter/Bootstrap experience that I can use on my bigger projects.
Preference will be given to a designer who can use method A (or if method A is not possible, method B) to implement the fixes - because it will show that they are very familiar with the bootstrap framework.
See detailed section for further details on the project.
Here are the details of the required fixes:
1. image must be moved vertically down a bit, so that equal black space above and below the image (note: the navbar height must not change.
2. text in 'brand' element needs to be moved a bit to the right AND vertically down so text is on same level as rest of navbar menu items (note: the navbar height must not change.
3. Sign Up and Sign In must be moved to the extreme right of the page also:
i. Horizontal gap between 'Sign Up' and 'Sign In' must be reduced
ii. More horizontal space needed between mouse cursor icon and the 'Sign In' text
4. Remove circle styling of li elements in footer
5. Change color of footer text to gray (#777777) ALSO:
i. Text color for visited links (in the footer) should remain sam color (i.e. gray)
ii. The spacing between the footer items should be increased so the individual footer items are clear
6. At the moment, there is a visible 'jump' when moving between the 'Home' page and the 'News' page. Please fix that
The preferred way of implementing this changes (most preferred method is A, next preferred is B etc..)
Exclusively use existing Bootstrap classes and element ids etc to achieve the desired effect
Use extensions to the existing boost classes (e.g. .[url removed, login to view] ) to implement the changes, and store the changes in a separate css file
Method C: (least favorite!)
Introduce brand new classes that implement the changes and store them in a new css file
Note: It is very important to ensure that the changes do not affect the height of the navigation bar.