I want to regularly export Outlook contact info into a simple XML format for import into the Address Book on Cisco 7921G phone handsets. I'll export from Outlook into Excel, where a simple one-row-per-record layout results.
I then want you to write a macro/VB script within Excel that will do the following:
1. Prompt for a folder to put the output.
2. Create a single file with a filename of "YYMMDD HHMM Contact export for Cisco phones.xml" The Y, M, D, H and M characters should represent the date and time that the file was created.
3. Write each contact into the file in the following format:
<TEL type="work" spddial=x PREF=1>0123567546</TEL>
<TEL type="home" spddial=x>0123435463456</TEL>
<TEL type="cell" spddial=x>04123345656</TEL>
<TEL type="other" spddial=x>0412343546546</TEL>
<ADR type="home" Street="street number and name"
4. Note that blank fields should not be included in the output file.
5. The speedial (spddial=x) value x should be incremented from 2 to 99.
6. An error should be generated if there are more than 98 separate contacts in the output.
7. Once the speeddial number "99" is allocated to a phone number, additional phone numbers should not have the text "spddial=x" in the TEL line. They won't have a speeddial, but will still be there.
8. The macro should work with Outlook 2007, Excel 2007 and Vista.
9. You have to provide the source as well, which will become my property.
A clarification - I'm expecting an Excel macro only. I mention Outlook 2007 only to allow bidders to see what the output to Excel looks like by doing their own export.
13 freelancers are bidding on average $102 for this job
I will be pleased to apply my 12+ year experience with VB/VBA/VBS (programming for Excel inclusive) to completing your project. Please see more details in PM