Partnership/Collaboration For a New YouTube Channel (no skills required)
$2-50 CAD / jam
Thank you for taking the time :)
Hi, I am Matt, a French Canadian from Gaspésie, now living on the South-shore of Montreal.
I have a fun and exciting project that I need to share with a like-minded entrepreneur. So you must know that this is NOT a "job for hire" type of thing. What I am looking for is a partner/collaborator. But please, keep reading, as I am sure that the following will be of great interest to a lot of you, regardless of your knowledge and/or experiences.
What this project will ask of you is 10 to 15 hours a week of your time, sitting comfortably on a couch, watching movies, TV shows, and comedic bits. We’ll balance this dose of entertainment with a nice dose of seriousness where you'll also be watching videos about taboo subjects, history, philosophy, psychology, and all the craziness going on in the world.
During and after watching each video, we will give our reaction and share our comments and analysis.
WHAT THIS PROJECT IS
This idea is nothing new. It's actually something that I've been consuming for the past few years. It's generally called "reaction videos". We will be filming ourselves watching and talking about what we're watching. Then, editing the video and posting it on YouTube (you don’t have to be involved in the editing and posting process if you’re not comfortable).
There's a whole range of different styles and approaches these reaction channel uses. Most of them are as bad, fake, unethical, and stupid as it gets. The formula has been on "rinse and repeat" for years… but I'm not here for that. I have found great channels through the years as well, so, I'll keep the good, tweak the bad, and throw away the ugly. While also adding some of my magic ingredients ;)
WHY DO THIS WITH ME
Here’s why we have the potential to be in the top-tier best at it:
- I've been an avid consumer of this product (almost daily) for several years. I've observed and analyzed what works, what’s annoying, what can be improved, and where there’s room for innovation;
- I’ve been looking into the psychology behind the "first time reaction" phenomenon for a while. My goal was to understand why I was attracted to it and always in need of more. Now that I know what makes us tick, I can carefully build our channel using that knowledge;
- I’ve been studying the different aspects required to start and grow a YouTube channel. Because things are always evolving and changing, I will not stop doing so;
- I’ve studied a lot about online marketing in the past: hundreds of hours and dozens of courses. This will help us in many ways, including for our other sources of revenues;
- The YouTube channel is ready and operational. I also own the domain name. Also, our first two sources of revenues are in place as well, ready to launch with the channel.
Although the idea is to have as much fun as possible with this project, I'm also taking it very seriously. I aim our channel to be authentic and relatable, entertaining and informative, not over the top, but engaging and thoughtful. Even provocative, whenever it’s called for.
Please know that the revenues might come in slowly for the first few months for this type of project. Rest assured though; even moderately successful channels in this niche make multiple 6-figures. Some bad ones too...
*Only two revenue sources are used for these figures. The other ones are impossible to calculate, unless you're the channel's owner. But in some cases, it is said to more than double the total revenue.
**There are four different revenue streams that we'll be exploiting (to begin with).
Most of this project is ready to launch and thought of. Nonetheless, this is to be a partnership. Your input, ideas, suggestions, and criticisms are a must. Every aspect of the project that you feel comfortable with, your voice will be as loud as mine.
WHAT TO EXPECT OF ME
On a personal note, I'm easy-going, open-minded and self-aware. Infinitely curious, analytical, but empathetic and an active listener.
I don’t care about being right or wrong. At the end of the day, what I want and need, no matter the subject or situation, is figuring out what the truth is. Life is too short to get stuck on convictions, doctrines, and biases.
WHAT DO I EXPECT OF YOU
The project needs someone similar to the description above. Rest assured though, I don't need/want you to believe WHAT I believe. Rather, to have a similar thinking process, regardless of what you end up believing. Curiosity, open-mindedness, good listening skill, respectfulness, and being understanding are all that matters.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCES
- Have good English communication skills: everything we’ll do will be in English;
- You must live in the Montreal Metropolitan Area, or Montérégie, as this will be an "in person" collab (2-3 times a week meets);
- You have an interest (or at least a curiosity) for movies & TV shows of many different genres, but haven’t necessarily seen a lot of them;
- Ability to provide engaging reactions. Also, being able to analyze and provide in-depth commentary, even on tough subjects;
*If you want to take part in the video editing aspect of the project, it's a plus, not a must.
This is a long-term collaboration opportunity. I aim to build a successful and engaging YouTube channel with a like-minded entrepreneur. In order for this project to be successful, you need to be available and willing for such a commitment.
Our main short-term goal is to reach and build a passionate community/audience of like-minded people. To interact with them in a meaningful and constructive manner.
If that is something that speaks to you, don’t be shy and reach out, 'cause I'm eager to know more about you!
Let me know what intrigues you about this project and why you think we would make a good team.
Be good, be you :)
ID Projek: #37210380