Profile Picture Guidelines
Your portfolio may speak volumes about the quality of work you deliver, but your profile picture provides that personal touch to your account, giving clients a face behind the skills and talent. Presenting yourself through your profile picture also establishes trust within the platform.
The following tips should guide you on choosing your profile photo:
● Personal. The photo should show your face from the shoulder up, free from any object that may cover any distinguishable part (e.g. hat, sunglasses, mask).
● Singular. Only you should be in the photo, without any other person, animal, or distracting objects beside you (e.g. a friend, pet, or toy).
● Proportionate. Your face should be positioned evenly with respect to the whole image, preferably within the center of the photo.
● Neat. The focus is on you, so the background should not be cluttered or distracting but plain, neat, and pleasant to the eyes (e.g. in an office or photo studio).
● High-quality. Proper lighting and coloring of the image should be observed with good pixel quality. (Minimum dimension: 280x280 pixels; Allowed formats: JPG, PNG, GIF)
● Professional. Present yourself in a proper manner with a friendly facial expression and decent clothing that is relevant to your profession.
Using a photo of someone not associated with the account warrants a penalty. Use your business logo only if you are subscribed to Freelancer Corporate.