Verifying my payment method
Verifying your payment method means adding a payment source on your account – credit or debit card, and PayPal.
Payment verification is free; although some credit card gateways may charge a small fee which will also be refunded automatically in 2-3 business days.
After successful verification, the payment method you verified will create a billing agreement, hence your card should be supporting recurring payments as it makes adding funds and payments easier for you since it allows automatic payment to your transactions.
Follow these steps to verify your payment method:
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar. Then, click Settings.
2. Go to the Payment & Financials tab.
3. Click the + Payment Method button.
4. Select your preferred payment source: Credit/Debit Card or PayPal
5. Provide the details required. Make sure all information is correct to avoid verification errors.
6. Set your billing agreement currency.
Credit card verification - By default, the currency is set to your card's currency. This will be the currency where you want your card to be charged.
PayPal verification - Your billing agreement's currency will depend on your Freelancer.com account's primary currency.
7. Click Continue to complete verification.
If you verified a card, we would also recommend that you have it authenticated. For more details on card authentication, check this article.