Creating Invoices for External Clients
Freelancer.com allows you to create invoices for any client—even if that client does not currently have an account on the site. This is a useful feature because clients can easily pay through Freelancer.com and you can receive the money directly into your account. How great would it be to have all your accounting done for you, all in one platform?
Invoicing external clients incurs a 5% fee, with an amount of only up to $3000 USD (2400 EUR). External invoices with a larger amount can be made thru Escrow.com instead.
You need to have a Plus, Standard/Professional, or Premium/Premier Membership to use external invoicing. The standard fees for adding funds as well as payout fees related to the payment still apply.
Here is how you can create an invoice for an external client:
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar, and choose Financial Dashboard under Finances.
2. On the Financial Dashboard page, select Invoices.
3. Click Create Invoice.
4. On the search field, select an existing external client (proceed to step 9 if an existing client is selected) or click on Invoice new External Client.
5. On the invoice form, fill out your external client’s details.
7. Click Create Client once done.
8. Refresh the page to see the new external client on the search field. Choose a client from the list.
9. Edit your billing info, add your logo, and fill out your billable hours. You may also include expenses you incurred in carrying out the work for the client by clicking Add Expenses.
10. Check your details. When you're happy with your invoice, simply click Create Invoice.
You may save a draft for later use or preview what the invoice would look like.
You will receive an email notification about your created invoice, and your client will receive the invoice through email.