Messaging my clients
Freelancer.com’s messaging feature is equipped with text messaging, audio call, video call, and file sharing functions to facilitate a smooth communication process. All these messaging functions are enabled as soon as you accept an awarded project.
For your in progress projects, here are three ways you can message your clients:
via the project page
1. Go to the Payments tab of your project page.
2. Click Chat below your display name.
3. Your message thread for that project will pop up on the chat window.
via the contact list
Freelancer.com users you have previously worked with are automatically added to your contact list.
Click the name of the user you wish to chat with for your chat thread to pop up. You can also use the search field to type in a user’s name or username.
All message threads are kept in the Inbox. Here are two ways to go to your Inbox:
● From the main menu, click the Inbox icon and click View All. On your Inbox, click on the client you wish to chat with to open your conversation.
● From a specific chat box with a user, click the icon and select the option Open this chat in your inbox.
Note: Sent messages cannot be unsent or removed from the recipient’s Inbox or chat window. Also, you will be unable to message users who have blocked you from their contacts.