In my historical novel, I have three maps. The current ones are of low quality (I did them myself many years ago). I want to replace them with high quality drawings. The attached Word file contains the existing drawings and some notes.
1) Please deliver a 1200 dpi drawing in PNG format for each of the three maps.
2) Each drawing is to be 5 inches (6,000 pixels) wide and 7 inches (8,400 pixels) in height, completely filling one dimension and centered in the other.
3) Use a common style (e.g. for the map legend, fonts, line widths, etc.) for all three maps.
4) Also deliver any work files so that, with the right software, I can make minor changes and recreate the PNG files.
5) Black and white only.
6) Use Times New Roman for all text.
7) Assume at least one revision.
I'm changing the requirements. If necessary you can increase your bid.
Instead of simple replacements for the current maps in "Maps+for+illustrator.doc", I'd like more style. For example, see "Sample North Arrow.jpg". All three maps should have something LIKE this. (Do NOT just use this sample.)
Try to make the maps look old-fashioned, like they are from the 1800's and from the American West.
Also replace the double-line rivers with something that looks better. Same for the railroad tracks, etc.
The job will go to whoever provides the best sample file for a portion of the first map, and that captures the above requirements, and has a reasonable cost. In other words, cost is important but not the driving issue.