No online store. Customers order in-store, the order is then added to the orders list by person, which is sent to the supplier via an epos link. Ordered product arrives with business’ daily delivery.
The business requires an Online store that links to the supplier’s database of, approximately 12-14k products. Customers will be able to visit the webstore and order products which are then delivered to the store (added to the store's order list) as a ‘CLICK and COLLECT’ option and also Delivery options to the UK
● The website must have Home, About, Terms and Conditions, Delivery Info, Returns Policy, Contact, Store (Browse and Search), and Item pages and a section for blogs and recipes.
● Customers must be able to search the store, by product name, brand and dietary requirements and category.
● The supplier uses a HTTP SOAP API Feed. The platform chosen must be able to accommodate this directly or via a plug-in.
● Orders must be added to stores order list which should be automatically sent to the supplier.
● The store must connect to supplier’s database.
● The store must be simple to update by business users, CMS ideally.
● Must use a secure payment process such as Worldpay.
● Customers details must be stored securely. Password, Email, Address (if required).
● If delivered Hermes is the chosen delivery option at this time.
● Web store should be compliant to W3C standards.
The business uses a Leading UK wholesaler of premium products including Sports Nutrition, Organic and Health Food Products, Vitamin, Minerals & Supplements, Personal Care, Household Products.
Although the bricks and mortar store use an EPOS system, the SOAP Api feed would just run directly from the web site to the wholesalers.
FURTHER DETAIL -
The supplier’s system has an API in place to make this possible, along with automating an order list. This API uses SOAP. We want to allow customers to order products online, and then have said products added to The Healthy Life Company’s order list automatically, (which should then be sent to the supplier) so the products will be delivered with the next general stock replenishing delivery. Payment should be completed online via a secure payment method.
The website and store must be easy to update for the business, a CMS would be ideal. We would like customers to have the ability to search and browse for products. They must also be able to select individual products and see further information about them. Customers should be able to select the amount of a product they wish to buy and will be able to add that to a basket. Customers should also be able to remove products from their basket.
The stock feeds via the wholesalers will show ‘Live’ stocks.
Some initial SEO should be included in the quote, along with putting the web sites out onto the various search engines.
The website and store must comply with W3C’s standards and should follow all relevant laws, such as the law on cookies and the Data Protection.
The suggested steps for the project are:
1) Help client choose the correct platform Shopify/ Magento
2) Design the site to be simple to use, with the latest styling and trends. THL is fully committed to the environment and will work hard to provide the public with products that have less packaging, use recycled materials contain minimal chemicals and where possible are Organic
3) A manual has been created to help with the api / soap links from the wholesaler.
4) To provide some marketing material in the form of ads.
5) To cover all background work from start to completion and a further few months’ work on snagging.
As a small business funds are extremely limited, and you must make sure this is reflected in your quote and ongoing charges.