This is 2 of 8 projects to re-write 50 jewelry product descriptions to enhance keyword useage. This is for website [url removed, login to view]
Good sample description: AMETHYST INFINITY EARRINGS, SMALL
From the Infinity Collection, 18-karat yellow gold smooth and Cable intertwining rings with faceted amethyst centers. Pierced backs.
Here are some helpful hints for writing the descriptions and coming up with the key words and phrases.
When writing the descriptions try to make sure that you keep using key words given below.
1. Always keep the descriptions as simple as possible.
2. Use the name of the products in the description as many times as possible without over doing it. If it is a name brand and a ring. Name that in the description.
3. Think of as many short phrases and words that you and people would use to describe jewelry.
4. Do a search on Jewelry stores. If they come up first in the search engines, there descriptions are good. You can look at them for key word and phrase usage. Some sample key words and phrases. Only worry about the brand name if it is brand all know.
• Handmade jewelry
• One of a kind jewelry
• Custom necklaces
• Special occasions (this could include birthdays, anniversaries, Mother’s Day, etc.)
• birthstone bracelets
• 14 Karot gold
• 10 Karot gold
• Wedding rings
• Special occasion
• Holiday gifts
• Valentines Day
• Birthday gift
• Fine jewelry
• Gem stones
• Mother’s Day
• Men’s jewelry
• Women’s jewelry
In addition to the above please feel free to brainstorm, list and include as many relevant keywords as possible and make sure that you use them as often as possible.