Today’s iPhone camera rivals those of GoPro and other portable cameras. As a result, iPhones can now be used in many of the same extreme sports or other on-the-go rugged outdoor applications as GoPros, and can be mounted to any GoPro attachment. The rugged iPhone case is to include a removable sliding locking mount for attaching to various accessories such as a tripod, suction cup, bicycle or motorcycle handlebars, backpack, helmet mounts, etc.
Other military-grade cell phone case models are made of machined lightweight metals and are heavy and expensive to produce. They also don't have a sliding lock mechanism that can attach to the side rails of the cell phone case and slide up and down to desired position. This removable locking mechanism will connect to the cell phone case rails and any GoPro connector device via 1/4-20 round port in the center of the back side away from the case mount. There is a need to design and build a consumer version made from injection molded plastic for the weekend warrior and outdoor enthusiast that would like to use a cell phone instead of a GoPro cameras as long as they can utilize GoPro mounts and keep the phone protected.
• Ruggedized, durable injection molded ABS plastic cell phone case/housing/frame, (two or three piece housing), foam insert, with nylon screws and removable clear plastic protective face / cover.
• ¼ 20 round ports built into the cell phone case frame centered on left side and top
• Left and right side continuous rail system (no through holes) for removable and adjustable slide locking mount
• Double button spring loaded release on removable slide locking mount with ¼ 20 round port; bites onto the rail system with small rubber feet and will adjust / slide up and down to desired position until locked onto the side rails. This will attach to any GoPro connector.
• Carabiner / Tether hole top right and bottom right corners so you can hang a tether around your neck and film while walking / riding / etc.
• Foam or rubber insert to protect phone from vibration / impact and provide
• Small powerful magnets placed in each corner on the back side of the frame and along the sides of the frame to attach the phone to metal objects.
• Silicon protected charged port and phone button accessibility.
• Textured corners for impact, anti-slip functionality.
• No bigger than 3.5 inches by 6.5 inches.
• Research (Existing cases, test parameters, etc)
• Concept development/brainstorming
• Design/Development of Injection molded plastic cell phone case with features as specified, including sliding lock mechanism
• Prototyping effort
• Assembly, test and debug.
We don't have drawings to share but we know what features and functionality are required for the case and locking mount to be a winner with consumers.