I need a two-way mobile authentication system that uses a two stage authentication process. The objectives are accomplished through the following process;
1. Develop a server side database program to have fields for storing electoral results from different locations
2. Develop an interface program that registers all authorized officers information with their IDs and chosen static passwords
3. The interface program is connected to a GSM modem to establish communication with electoral officers in the field
4. The interface program receives password data from an officer indicating request to send data (electoral result)
5. The interface program then checks the password data with that in the database, if it is there, it generates a onetime password (OTP) and send it through a SMS to the number of the officer requesting for it
6. The interface program waits for five minutes, if no reply SMS is received, it terminates the communication, but if it receives the OTP password generated with the results appended, it will grant access and receives the result from the text message.
7. Records the data into database as the OTP was correct and OTP expires
8. Generates different OTP every time request is made with expiring time of 5 minutes In this new system, first factor is just usual password that every one creates while registering or creating an account. The second factor is the one time password, that we generate using some secured functions and sent through SMS gate way to a GSM device usually a mobile phone.
Feature of the WebApp
- Admin can add different location
- Within that location admin can add political parties
- Registration of Electoral Officers
- Assign Electoral Officers to different location. Reason been that you cannot upload electoral result for a location which you are not assigned to.
- Users/Electoral officers should be able to upload result of each locations
-Update Users Profile
Please Check the attached picture to the work Flowchart.