You may use an HTML, CSS, and JS framework like Bootstrap if you wish although no extra marks will be given for this if you do. Our concern is with the design and
implementation of the application logic including interactive functions like input validation.
These 7 features have to be implemented within the design of the website, with any additional features which would enhance the usability and overall feel of the website itself:
1. All users can register with the system and create an account. A user must log in to the system before using it. A user can be a host and may set up their own events. A user can also be a participant and book tickets to other people’s events.
2. A user may create an event, setting suitable conditions and features of the event including the description, location, date, categorisation, number of tickets available and end date.
3. A user can search the system for categories of events and can browse events within certain
categories or timeframes.
4. A user can book a ticket for an event. The system will manage the ticket sales until the set end time. No further ticket sales will be permitted if the event is full or if the end time for ticket sales of that event has been reached.
5. Participants can view a list of events they are attending and receive emailed updates on events that are imminent. You only have to show that an event (creating an email message) is triggered at the date and time, you do not need to implement an email system.
6. Users hosting events can view the progress of ticket sales and generate a list of participants for an event.
7. Participants can give feedback and ratings on events after they have happened. Ratings and
feedback are visible to other users.
You should translate the requirements as you interpret them into:
A set of web services written in PHP
A database created using MySQL
- The webpage style and design is required to be consistent, this could be done through using similar background images with style of buttons and links being consistent.
-The logo of the comedy show management system will be: 'ComedyRunners'.