We currently use the DreamPlug and Mirabox from Globalscale Technologies. ([url removed, login to view]). We like it, but it has many features we don't use or need.
We would like to find an alternative product that is less expensive (max $100, target is $50 - $75) in small quantities.
Requirements of the product are these:
- Runs Linux (can be Debian, Ubuntu or others.)
- comparable CPU to Mirabox (1.2 Ghz Marvell Armada 370)
- 1Gb RAM or more
- Two NIC ports which can be bridged - preferably auto-negotiate 100/1000
- At least 2 USB 2.0 or higher
- Small - comparable to DreamPlug/Mirabox or smaller
- No fan required
- Low power consumption. Ideal would be powered from USB
What is NOT required are WIFI, bluetooth or optical ports, or MicroSD, although these are OK if this is already on the product as designed.
To win this bid, you need to tell us:
1) Maximum price you will find for this device, quantity 1
2) What requirements will or will not be met from the list above
3) Any additional features you expect product to have.
We will release funds only after we have a demo unit of the device and have tested it. (We expect to pay for the evaluation unit separately.) Please plan on the time it takes for the product to arrive to the US and at least 1 week for testing.