I am looking for someone to build me a cheap and simple database (not access or excel as these are too slow for the amount of stock) for the following purpose.
We are a warehouse company that stores and distributes for many different customers. I need a system that will allow me to
1. Enter a stock item and assign it to a customer and storage bay (location in my warehouse numbered 1-500). It will need to show how many pieces make up that item (eg a bed has 3 parts), when it came in to stock, which customer it belongs to, who entered the stock item.
2. When we receive notification from our customer that an item needs delivering - we need to be able to allocate the item to a final consumer (name, postcode and automated reference), give a delivery date (or if a date is not available - still allocate but date to be confirmed - this will remove the item from freestock), details of how we were told about the work order (ie fax from Linda etc).
3. When we deliver the item we will have to post it putting in date delivered, what proof of delivery we had, comments field, job value (nett and vat).
4. I need to be able to send my customers an excel report of what items they hold in stock (free stock and allocated) grouped together (ie Verona Bed 10 stock 6 allocated 4 freestock).
5. I will need to be able to edit items after they are input (in case any details change), change locations of items, remove items from stock (with reason codes and comments), search for items by either product code, description or customer and job reference as in point 2)
6. I will need to report on - whats held in each storage area (ie bay 20 holds 33 items so I will need the system to tell me whats in so I can check), whats been delivered between certain dates, whats been delivered by customer, amount I have earned by customer (and date), whats freestock (not allocated to a consumer),, whats in stock (freestock and items allocated - i will need to stocktake them so even if they are allocated to a customer they are still in my warehouse so have to be accounted for), whats been booked in by a certain day, detailed delivery report (what item was, code, date entered, date advised of work order, date actually delivered, proof of delivery method).
7. Must be easy to use and create a user id when a member of staff logs into system - this will allow me to track who is making changes to items etc.
I dont want an access or excel spreadsheet as this wont do the job. This needs to be a stand alone system. I bet you have one you can just adjust which is all ready to go - if so let me know what it does.
It must be really easy to use and look like a windows system with buttons to press - I dont want it to look like a scarey sheet which takes hours to find what you need.
I need this very quickly.
I am sure thats all - but please allow for some changes in spec.
Once we have agreed the system i will deposit money in escrow and pay as soon as i get it.