I have a new project to draw up a proposal on – please understand this is only a quote at this stage and so the project will not be started until my client approves the costs. This may take some weeks of further discussions.
The site will typically be aimed at kids aged 6-16. The look of the site will be mainly black, with bright graphics. The idea is to build a brand, and then build a community around the brand. We can then start to sell merchandise etc to create an income.
The site needs to be fully content managed, bearing in mind the client is not a computer expert!
There are also a lot of modules needed, including:
• The ability to upload videos in the same way as YouTube. This should include:
- rate a video
- leave comments
- see a preview image of the video
- add a description of the video
- count the number of views
- see the length of the video
• The ability to create competitions for people to complete online by way of an email form. Also maybe run surveys.
• The ability to download screensavers and mobile phone wallpapers. Some may be offered free, some will be sold.
• The provision of an ecommerce section to buy T-shirts and original artworks. The payment system will be PayPal.
• A banner management system to enable the client to charge for advertising.
• A “MySpace” style community. This should include the following features:
- Create an account
- Add pictures in an online user album
- Upload videos in a separate user account section
- Create a friends network
- Add friends (with approve / reject)
- Leave comments to users (with accept comment / decline)
- Send messages to other users
- Change the styles on the user section (change background color, background image, font colour, links colour, etc)
• We also need to include Google Adwords as an income stream.
Obviously all the above modules need to be included in the admin of the site and should be simple for admin manage.
Please let me know if there are any additional elements you could bring in. Please also detail any similar projects you have built. As I will ignore all automated replies, to show you have read the brief and agree that this is only a quote at this stage, please put “Kids quote” in your response.
Many thanks for reading