We have an Joomla ([url removed, login to view] – operating in legacy mode) and Virtuemart (1.1.4) E-commerce site (350 pages) hosted in Australia with prominent Google key word ranking that we wish to upgrade to latest Joomla and Virtumart versions . ie Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 1.4 to V2.
We also want to update our site template to achieve a more contemporary look/feel ( currently use a Rocket Theme template) - but preserve feel/branding of the site ( ie don’t change so site is unrecognizable for returning customers).
Our overall aims include
• Improve site performance (site download speed).
• Improve site appearance, functionality & site security
• Access to new features and opportunities to enhance the site.
• Improve Google page rating if possible.
• Consistency across upgraded site and old site in regards all URLs, data, content, products & categories and critical functionality.
• Improvements to functionality where opportunity presents.
Of particular concern is to not to adversely impact our current Google key word and page ranking by preserving URLS and Metatag information, key keyword content layout from the old site across to the upgraded site. We use sh404SEF currently to re-write URLs.
We are also interested in further proposals for site improvement as the development proceeds and will work with the developer in exploring ideas or suggestions they may have.
Approach required/suggested :
• Take a staged approach to achieving the upgrades/migration on a development site that has the latest copy from the live site– see below for suggested stages.
• Work with the business owner to review and select templates and adjust new template features as required.
• Progress payments at the completion of agreed stages/phase on the upgrade site – after successful testing & verification by the business owner.
• Emphasis will be on quality and thoroughness, not speed to complete a phase.
• When completed assist to the business owner to copy the development site to the live site and provide support for any issues encountered or update of customer details ( ie that have registered during the development).
Suggested phasing of Tasks:
1. Upgrade Virtuemart e-commerce application (version 1.1.4 to version 2).
2. Migrate from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5
3. Upgrade the Joomla and Virtuemart templates - suggest Rocket Theme for the site.
4. SEF consistency with old site - ensure URLS and metatags are consistent ( we use sh404SEF currently).
5. Upgrade/Transfer critical extensions across to the new site:
• VM coupons 1.5.0 August 2010 [url removed, login to view]
• Front Page Slide show (fpss 2.4 February 2nd, 2010 JoomlaWorks)
• JoomlaPack 2.4 2009-12-05 JoomlaPack Developers
• Joomap [url removed, login to view] Beta2 2008-08-16 Daniel Grothe, mic/MGFI
• WordPress 126.96.36.199 2010-10-19 'corePHP'
• Xmap 1.2.7 2010/04/20 Guillermo Vargas
• MailTo 1.5.0 April 2006 Joomla! Project
6. Upgrade/transfer customised extensions across to the new site and customise as required to achieve consistent function to the old site:
Our live site : www.valleygreentea.com.au.
The URL of the development site will be : [url removed, login to view]
I will arrange temporary FTP access to this development site for the developer and provide the latest copy of the live site to this sub-domain when the developer is ready to commence work, I can arrange other sub-domains as required.
45 pekerja bebas membida secara purata $2460 untuk pekerjaan ini
We're very interested in working with you for upgrading your existing website http://www.valleygreentea.com.au. Please view Inbox for our queries and past work samples. Thanks-Anuj